This article is under construction and not completed yet!
The character featured in this article doesn't have a character design yet!
Amazonite is a gemsona created by N.R. Wynter. He was a crystal gem who fought against Homeworld during the rebellion. Eventually defeated, his gemstone was placed inside a weapon and was used against the rebels. After the war, it was placed in an abandoned gem facility for thousands of years until Eclipse Stone released him. Now, he works alongside her in her various heists.
- Amazonite, also called Amazon Stone, is a variety of microcline, a type of feldspar.
- Amazonites have a chemical composition of K(AlSi3O8), a hardness of 6 - 6 ½, and a triclinic crystal system.
- Microcline is the common potasium feldspar variety in pegmatites.
- Amazonites are formed at low crystallization temperatures, resulting in separate forming lattice type exsolution intergrowths. This gives amazonite its unique appearance.
- The stone is usually green-blue, but can be green, yellow-green, and gray. Many amazonites have white streaks on them.
- Amazonites are rare and can be found in a couple of places around the world: Russia, Brazil, Australia, Madagascar, and the United States.
- Sunlight can sometimes enrich the color of genuine amazonites.
- While amazonites are used for jewelry, microclines have industrial purposes. They are important minerals in manufactoring glass and ceramics.
- Amazonite was named after the Amazon River. Although it does occur in Brazil, amazonite has not been found in the vicinity of this great river.
- It's believed amazonites had occured there long ago, but mineralogists believed they were being confused with nephrites.
- Metaphysically, amazonite is called the stone of truth, courage, and hope. It empowers one to search one's self, discover their own truths and integrity, and to move beyond fear of judgment or confrontation.
- The stone also encourages self-discipline, kindness, happiness, and gives one the freedom to communicate their feelings.