This article is under construction and not completed yet!
The character featured in this article doesn't have a character design yet!
Cheerful, kind, and friendly. Ametrine is always seen with a smile on his face. He always finds a reason to be happy and tries focusing on the positives in everything. Has great social skills and is capable of reading others. Whenever a friend needs help or comfort, Ametrine will always be there for them. However, he more often than not ignores anything negative that happens in his life. He pretends like the Gem War didn't happen. For the friends Ametrine lost during the war, he acts like they're still around. Very indecisive and often flip-flops between different opinions. In this case, it may take a long time for him to agree on something. Ametrine also has a habit of being cheeky. He can become sassy and not afraid to say it like it is, especially when he's angry. The quartz likes to come up with creative or cute nicknames for his friends. He values his friends over anything else.
- Ametrine is a bi-colored or color-zoned quartz.
- Its chemical composition is SIO2, has a MOHS scale hardness of 6.5 - 7, and has a trigonal crystal system.
- It's made out of amethyst and citrine.
- However, the yellow in ametrine is not always made from citrine, but rather ferruginous quartz.
- The color zoning of ametrine is caused by differing oxidation states of iron. It occurs due to hydrothermal activity during ametrine's formation.
- The zones come from Brazil law twinning, where two quartz crystals are intergrown together.
- In well-formed ametrine crystals, the bi-color zoning can often form a geometric pattern that radiates outwards from the c-axis (like pieces of a pie).
- Because natural citrine is rare, so is ametrine.
- Bolivia is the world's main supplier of ametrine.
- Ametrine's name comes from the combination of amethyst and citrine.
- Alternate names for this stone are amethyst-citrine, trystine, and bolivianite.
- Metaphysically, ametrine is called the stone of revealing joy. It is a positive stone that promotes self-approval, good luck, and tranquility. It helps relieve depression by absorbing negative energy.
- As a combination of amethyst and citrine, ametrine gets metaphysical properties from both. Thus, ametrine is also a stone of spiritual growth, prosperity, creativity, harmony, and abundance.