This article is under construction and not completed yet!
The character featured in this article doesn't have a character design yet!
- Bloodshot iolite, also called confetti iolite and iolite sunstone, is a rare variety of cordierite.
- It has a chemical composition of Mg2AI3Si5O18, a hardness of 7 - 7½, and an orthorhombic crystal system.
- This iolite variety has an aventurescence effect caused by hematite and goethite inclusions.
- It originates from Sri Lanka
- Iolite is a name given to gem quality cordierite.
- Iolite typically occurs in contact or regional metamorphism of pelitic rocks
- It is the most pleochroic gemstone out there.
- Because of its strong pleochroism, it earned the misleading trade name "water sapphire"
- Iolites are rarely treated.
- It's said that ioite was used by the Vikings for navigation.
- Iolite's name come from the Greek word ios meaning "violet".
- Metaphysically, iolite is a stone of visions. It expands intuition, inner strength, self confidence, and leadership. The gem also enhances creative expression.
- It's helps with lack of motivation and strengthens one's resolve to take on responsibilities.