This article is under construction and not completed yet!
The character featured in this article doesn't have a character design yet!
- Blue mussel pearls come from blue mussel saltwater mollusks.
- Blue mussels are found on the North Atlantic coast of North America, Europe, and other temperate and polar waters.
- While they are known for producing blue colored pearls,the mollusks produce more brown, white, pinkish, and purple colors.
- Pearls, as well as nacre, are chemically made of calcium carbonate and conchiolin. They're mainly comprised of aragonite or a mixture of aragonite and calcite.
- Conchiolin is an organic protein that acts as a form of glue or adhesive.
- Pearls have a hardness of 2½ - 4½ and has an Orthorhombic crystal structure.
- When irritants get inside the mollusk, it will excrete layers of liquid (called nacre) to coat it. This is how pearls are formed.
- Pearls are birthstones for June.
- They are also the national gemstone of the Philippines.
- The name pearl comes from the Latin world perna meaning "leg". This is in reference to the ham-leg shape of the bivalve mollusk.
- Pearls metaphysically represent purity, integrity, and loyalty. It gains one wisdom from experience and help cement engagements and love.
- Pearls with blue colors represent truth, intuition, trust, responsibility, tranquility, confidence, courage, dependability, and conservativeness.