This article is under construction and not completed yet!
The character featured in this article doesn't have a character design yet!
Cherry Opal has standard Gem abilities.
- Lava Manipulation: With the combined fire power of Ruby and Fire Agate, Cherry Opal is able to control lava. She can create it by heating the surrounding earth.
- Pyrokinesis: Cherry Opal is able to create and manipulate fire.
- Heat Resistance: A trait inherited from both Ruby and Fire Agate. Cherry Opal is able to withstand intense temperatures.
- All fusions involving Fire Agate, Ruby, and Sapphire have gems named after fruit.
- Cherry Opal's design is based on the oni, a type of Yōkai.
- Cherry opal is an opal variety.
- It has a chemical composition of SiO2 · nH2O, a hardness of 5½ - 6, and an amorphous crystal system.
- They can be classified as either a common or precious opal depending if it has play-of-colors.
- It's distinguished by its red-brown to red-orange background color.
- Although similar in color, cherry opal has no relations with fire opal.
- Cherry opals are formed within layers of developed volcanic ash and grouped in clusters of nodules. Water is trapped inside which gives opals their interference, refraction, and diffraction of light.
- The best specimens come from Mexico. Cherry opals have been found in Portugal and California.
- As an opal, it is the official birthstone of October.
- Opals are the national gemstone of Australia.
- Opal’s name is derived from the Indian (Sanskrit) word “úpala” meaning “valuable stone”. However, it could have also come from the Greek word “opalus” meaning “stone from several elements”.
- Metaphysically, cherry opals promotes creativity, grounding, ambition, passion, and desires on a practical level.
- Opals in general are stone of inspiration as they enhance creativity and imagination. Opals can also improve memory, happiness, and self-worth while dispelling confusion. Additionally called as the Eye Stone, which pleases sense of sight.