This article is under construction and not completed yet!
The character featured in this article doesn't have a character design yet!
As a fusion, Cherry Opal adopts the personalities of both Fire Agate and Ruby. She is described as a grump who hides her softer side by acting mean and tough. The fusion never hesitates to show off her incredible strength, often picking fights with others. Cherry Opal wants to make sure everyone knows how powerful she is despite her delicate-sounding name.
Because her components share similar personality traits, they are amplified in Cherry Opal. Being passionate and emotional, she has a hard time controlling her emotions. The fusion is known for her short fuse and violent behavior. Cherry Opal doesn't like a lot of things which makes it easier for her to be blunt and badmouth whatever comes to mind. When she finds something she does like she expresses with enthusiasm. The fusion puts one hundred percent of her effort into everything she does, even if it's of no real importance.
Cherry Opal only expresses her gentle side to Sapphire and Blue Obsidian. To them, she is gentle, caring, and very protective. The fusion makes sure others around them know that if they do anything to them she will destroy them. If it came down to it, Cherry Opal would willingly fight to the death for their safety. The fusion is also known to get embarrassed easily, whether it's about her uncontrollable rage, her name, or how she cries over sappy movies.
Cherry Opal has standard Gem abilities.
- When fused with Pearl and Sapphire, they form Dominican Amber.
- When fused with Amethyst and Sapphire, they form Sunset Tourmaline.
- When fused with Amethyst, Pearl, and Sapphire, they form Zultanite.
- Lava Manipulation: With the combined fire power of Ruby and Fire Agate, Cherry Opal is able to control lava. She can create it by heating the surrounding earth.
- Pyrokinesis: Cherry Opal is able to create and manipulate fire.
- Heat Resistance: A trait inherited from both Ruby and Fire Agate. Cherry Opal is able to withstand intense temperatures.
Out of all of the Crystal Gems, Sapphire is the only one that Cherry Opal treats with respect. This is most likely due to Ruby's romantic feelings for her. She is very protective of Sapphire and always focuses on her well-being. While Cherry Opal doesn't display any romantic feelings for Sapphire, she does get flustered when the blue Gem talks to her.
Because Blue Obsidian is Fire Agate's best friend, Cherry Opal also likes them. She shares the same sentiment with Blue Obsidian as she does with Sapphire. The fusion gives them her full attention, always looking after their well being, and very protective. Cherry Opal enjoys watching films with them.
Like many things, Cherry Opal doesn't like them. This could be from Fire Agate's disdain towards them. However, Cherry Opal only goes so far as to tease and pick fights (usually with Amethyst), which she finds enjoyment in.
While Cherry Opal doesn't have anything personal against them, she's not fond of them either.
- All fusions that exclusively involve Fire Agate, Ruby, and Sapphire have gems named after fruit.
- Cherry Opal's design is based on the oni, a type of Yōkai.
- Cherry opal is an opal variety.
- It has a chemical composition of SiO2 · nH2O, a hardness of 5½ - 6, and an amorphous crystal system.
- They can be classified as either a common or precious opal depending if it has play-of-colors.
- It's distinguished by its red-brown to red-orange background color.
- Although similar in color, cherry opal has no relations with fire opal.
- Cherry opals are formed within layers of developed volcanic ash and grouped in clusters of nodules. Water is trapped inside which gives opals their interference, refraction, and diffraction of light.
- The best specimens come from Mexico. Cherry opals have been found in Portugal and California.
- As an opal, it is the official birthstone of October.
- Opals are the national gemstone of Australia.
- Opal’s name is derived from the Indian (Sanskrit) word “úpala” meaning “valuable stone”. However, it could have also come from the Greek word “opalus” meaning “stone from several elements”.
- Metaphysically, cherry opals promotes creativity, grounding, ambition, passion, and desires on a practical level.
- Opals in general are stone of inspiration as they enhance creativity and imagination. Opals can also improve memory, happiness, and self-worth while dispelling confusion. Additionally called as the Eye Stone, which pleases sense of sight.