This article is under construction and not completed yet!
The character featured in this article doesn't have a character design yet!
- Demantoid was made in response to negativity surrounding gems with he/him pronouns.
- Demantoid, also called demantoid garnet and demantoid andradite, is a member of the garnet group.
- It has a chemical composition of Ca3Fe23+(SiO4)3, a hardness of 6½ - 7, and a isometric crystal structure.
- Demantoid is the green variety of andradites, a calcium iron garnet.
- They typically form when argillaceous limestone is altered into marble by contact metamorphism.
- Demantoid gets its color from chromium and ferric iron.
- It's said to be one of the rarest and most valuable of all garnets.
- Demantoid was discovered in the Ural Mountains of Russia, somewhere during the 1850s.
- Russian demantoids are known for their "horsetail" inclusions of byssolite or chrysotile asbestos.
- Like all garnets, demantoid is the birthstone for January.
- Being a type of garnet also means it's a state gemstone for New York.
- Demantoid's name comes from archaic German word "Demant" which means "diamond-like".
- Metaphysically, demantoid is a pledge stone that removes obstacles in the way of love. It's said to help with insecurities that strain a relationship.
- Demantoid is also said to help loneliness and isolation.
- Garnets in general represent self-confidence, beauty, love, determination, good health, bravery, and strength.