I’m their leader. If anything happens to my teammates, I’m responsible.
|—Fire Agate, "Reflecting"|
Fire Agate (specifically Fire Agate Facet-3M1R Cabochon-5) is a gemsona created by N.R. Wynter. A hardworking and dedicated swordsman who can take on foes twice her size. Fire Agate was a captain who served under Yellow Diamond. Now, she tries to adjust to her new lifestyle on Earth as leader of the Astro Gems which she documents on her blog.
She is N.R. Wynter's main gemsona.
Fire Agate is a very short agate. She has fire brick red skin with peach colored patches, light maroon with visible pupils, a button nose, and plump lips. Regardless of what form she takes, her hair has a large front bun on the right side. Unlike most agates, her hair is a dark reddish purple and lacks banding. Her sideburns and bottom of her bun and highlighted by a plum color. Fire Agate is quite different from the standard quartz. She's half their size and, while bulky, is missing some mass in her upperarms and kneecaps. The other noticeable difference is her nose being unusually wider for a quartz. Her gem placement is on the left side of her chest.
Fire Agate wears a full burgundy bodysuit with large shoulder pads.The bodysuit features aubergine colored areas (the neck, elbows, feet, kneecaps, and pelvis) and multi-colored bumps that occupy her forearms, calves, and chest. Her sideburns are rounded unlike in her previous generations which had sharper ends.
Fire Agate's soldier outfit was a bit different from the standard quartz uniform. It was a sleeveless coffee bean undersuit with a red leotard on top. Her legs, toe and heel caps were the same shade as the undersuit, but the caps were darker. Her boots were also a red color. Her outfit featured a pale yellow trimming that were found on her leotard and boots. Around her waist was a belt with a small yellow diamond on the front. Unlike her current form, her hair was longer and messier, with sharp side bangs that curled out from her jawline.
The captain uniform was the debut of her shoulder pads she carried into her future regenerations. The torso is a mismatch of falu red and a dark purple gray color separated by a gold, pointed band. The bands were featured on other areas of the uniform, like the elbows, kneecaps, and pelvis. Her pants were dark gray and her boots were red with gray heel caps. This uniform featured white gloves that matched her collar. She wore a dark gray belt with a pale yellow diamond on the center. During the war, she wore a dark purple helmet with gold outlines. The glass of the helmet shimmered multiple colors, similar to the colors of her gem. Adorned on her shoulders was a burgundy cape with a raised collar and a yellow inverted triangle. Her hair then was more pampered and smooth, but still had sharp side bangs that slightly curve onto her face.
Post war uniform was the same, but the colors were dulled considerably. The multi-colored bumps made their debut in this regeneration, but were more sporadically placed. They occupied her arms, legs, and torso, similarly as they are with her current form. One notable arrangement is that the diamond on her belt is broken up by small bumps. Her hair in this form was completely smoothed including the bangs, which were tucked to the side of her head.
Fire Agate is a courageous, dedicated, and hardworking Gem. Much like other agates, she has a commanding presence who many, even larger Gems, find intimidating. She can be friendly with strangers, but usually approaches them with caution. She is also very picky with who she becomes friends with, stating "good friends are hard to come by". Her pickiness comes from past mistreatment of other Gems due to her status as an off-color.  She is also known to hold grudges and even be vengeful, as she can't bring herself to forgive what the Crystal Gems had done to her.
She is very passionate and emotional. Fire Agate dedicates a lot of her time to her hobbies, especially when they have other useful purposes. Her favorite hobbies are the ones that keep her physically active, such as playing sports. However, she has the tendency to overwork herself to the point of mental exhaustion. She constantly makes statements about working harder or she's not trying enough and must do better. Being a perfectionist, she can't afford mistakes and tries to improve in skills she finds lacking. She gets visibly bothered when she's told she's not good at something. Fire Agate can also get competitive, often using physical activities to show off her strength.
Fire Agate often takes up the role as an authoritative figure. She likes having a sense of control since she has a strong desire to keep her friends or teammates safe. Also great at balancing out her schedule, she will always find time to train, tidying up the base, and hang out with her friends. If she feels she is lacking control, Fire Agate will stress out and do whatever she can to correct it. While the agate takes precaution and puts a lot of thought into her actions, her emotions play a part in her decision making. Sometimes, this will make her prone to taking extreme measures. As a response to the corruptions of both Blue and Red Obsidians, Fire Agate issues a lock down prohibiting any Gem from going outside their base.
Due to her upbringing as a soldier and agate, she has trouble expressing herself in non-physical ways. Whether it's showing affection or letting out steam, Fire Agate often shows it in physical ways. She is very aware of this and will step up to take responsibility for her actions. As a promise she made to her team, Fire Agate is making an effort to channel her emotions in a more constructive way through her ask blog.
Fire Agate has standard Gem abilities and skills, but there are some noticeable problems. She has trouble shape shifting and it hurts her if she holds it for too long. She lacks some notable quartz gem abilities, like the spin dash attack and relatively poor durability. Gravity shifting, fusion, and regeneration are the only other traits Fire Agate can accomplish without complications.
Fire Agate is a tactical fighter. She relies on sword fighting and fencing, but isn't a stranger of hand to hand combat. What she lacks in defense she makes it up in other areas. Fire Agate relies on her strength and quick movements to overcome her foes. Her military experience aids her in how fight opponents bigger and stronger than herself.
List of fusions for Fire Agate.
- Swordsmanship: Fire Agate has excellent knowledge in sword fighting and fencing. She can pick three different rapiers that can be used to fight offensively, defensively, or both respectively. She accesses which fight needs what style and acts accordingly. She's quick and precise and focuses on breaking one's defense to deliver a final blow.
- Slicing: Fire Agate can heat up her sword and be able to cut through almost any material.
- Dual wield: In some cases, Fire Agate will fight with two swords.
- Sword Launch: Fire Agate can summon all three of her swords and throw them at opponents.
- Deflection: Fire Agate can protect herself or deflect certain attacks with her sword.
- Martial Arts: Has average knowledge in hand to hand combat.This is a back up plan when she's disarmed or can't use her weapon.
- Pyrokinesis: Fire Agate can create, manipulate, and shape fire with relative ease. According to "Fire Power", this is a unique ability found in all fire agates. She often uses her pyrokinesis to deal heavier attacks.
- Fire Breathing: One of Fire Agate's signature moves. She can breathe out a plume of fire from her mouth. While she has a good sense of control with this ability, it can be agitated by her emotions. In "Metal Art", Fire Agate gets so frustrated that she breathes fire out of rage. She also displays this lack of control in her sleep, unconsciously breathing out small bursts of fire. 
- Pyrokinetic Boost: Fire Agate can propel herself long distances by releasing short bursts of fire from her feet.
- Thermokinesis: With this ability, Fire Agate can increase her body temperature and generate heat. She can make her physical form hot to the touch.
- Heat Resistance: Another common ability for fire agates, she can withstand extreme temperatures. In "Fire Power", this ability is demonstrated by Fire Agate bathing in lava.
- Metal Manipulation: Has limited manipulation over metal if she heats it. Fire Agate has been shown using this ability for metal sculptures.
- Artifical Light Manipulation: Fire Agate can manipulate artificial light by adding or removing heat. She is capable of dimming or brightening it, but is unable to turn the circuit on or off at will.
The last fire agate to pop out from her Kindergarten, Fire Agate was the only one to come out as off-colored. It's not understood why she wasn't shattered on the spot, but she was sent to the Geode Base under its recycling program. She was temporary put under the care of Blue Obsidian when they didn't have enough agate instructors. While the full estimate of her service is unknown, it took several millenniums for Fire Agate to achieve a captain status from hard work and having good connections with higher ups.
Like many quartz gems, she was drafted to fight the Crystal Gems during the Gem War. Fire Agate was given a battalion of quartz Gems, plenty of which who came from her base and the Beta Kindergarten. As the war went on, Fire Agate's unit began to perish. She confronted the rebels by herself in an attempt to save her remaining soldiers until her eventual defeat by a fusion. Her gemstone was imprisoned inside a clay seal for five thousand years, despite Fire Agate's desperate attempts to free herself. The seal eventually eroded away, allowing her to regenerate, but immediately discovered her gemstone was cracked. Having no idea how much time has and in an unfamiliar mountainous terrain, Fire Agate went to find other soldiers. During her travels, her gemstone sustained more serious injuries. Bumps began to grow over her form, including some on her limbs, making it harder to move. Before it could get any worse, she was eventually found by Blue Obsidian in a human city who brought her to Rose's Fountain. Although the cracks were healed, the lasting damage was severe enough that, according to "Aftermath" and "Past Scars", some of those bumps became permanent.
At this time, Fire Agate was still deeply loyal to the Great Diamond Authority and desired to return to gem society. During her time on Earth, she met other Gems. When the obsidians warned her about hostile Gems, she mistook a wandering Jet as a threat and proceeded to fight her. After Blue Obsidian defused the situation, Jet was able to explain herself. In another case, Fire Agate met Watermelon Tourmaline in a dark forest. While she states their meeting went better compared to Jet's, she was taken aback by the fusion's appearance. They ended up traveling together due to their common experiences as survivors, despite Fire Agate's reluctance. Eventually they stumble upon Aura Quartz, a survivor from Fire Agate's battalion, who was delighted to see her and the obsidians. She had secretly come to Earth to see if the rumors of Gem War survivors were true. She offered to take them back to the base, which her former captain was ecstatic about. But no one else desired to go back. After a heated argument with Blue, Fire Agate leaves with Aura Quartz and returns to the Geode Base.
What happened when they arrived is unknown, but it was enough that Fire Agate returned to Earth and immediately denounced her allegiance to the diamonds. Earth had given her new perspective of how better life was for her, as opposed to gem society's strict and hostile lifestyle. She also had a bad confrontation with a former mentor that solidified her decision to return. It took a while for her to completely reconcile with the group, but afterwards they officially became the Astro Gems with her as its leader. Their group also marked Fire Agate's permanent status as a resident of Earth.
While wondering around a forest, they discovered an ancient Gem Ship. They decided to make it their new home, but early into construction a ranger stopped them. Fire Agate manged to come up with a compromise where they're allowed to live there as long as they're able to keep forest fires at bay. This allowed Jet to finish construction of the Astro Gem Base.
To view the old ask blog storyline, click here.
Fire Agate and Blue Obsidian have a very close platonic relationship, created from a deep layer of trust. The two first met when Fire Agate was put under their care as there were a lack of agate instructors on the Geode Base. Despite her being an off-color, Blue Obsidian saw her as a friend, supporting and helping her when she needed it. Even after the Gem War, they still helped her when her gemstone was cracked. This level of loyalty had stuck with Fire Agate for thousands of years. Regardless if they had their fair share of fights, the two always find a way to reconcile and stay as close friends.
She causally calls them "Blue" and seems the most comfortable with. This is demonstrated with her allowing Blue Obsidian to give her hugs or laying on top of her hair. These are things most gems are forbidden to do. She allows the obsidian's signature clinging to go on as long as it doesn't interfere with her work.
Fire Agate does have a clear bias with them, even if she doesn't like to admit it. She treats them more delicately than she does with the other teammates. This doesn't mean she can't be stern with them, however. Fire Agate has to break up fights between both obsidians and clean up after them on a daily basis. Blue Obsidian has a tendency to talk back to her in an attempt at being rebellious. But this is usually met with scorn or threatening to punish them.
The two are on friendly terms, although there is still tension between the two. While Fire Agate has shown expressing sympathy towards them, she treats them harsher than the rest of her teammates. It was revealed in How We Met that Red Obsidian were a notable Gem who treated her horribly during her service on the Geode Base. It was enough that Fire Agate can't bring herself to forgive them for what they've done. It's not known why they treated her that way.
Out of all of the Astro Gems, Fire Agate respects Jet the most.  She finds her the most competent of the group, admiring her hard work and straightforwardness. They often discuss about security measures or updates to the base. But Jet's constant dry pan commentary and over bluntness get on Fire Agate's nerves.
The two are sparring buddies. The fusion has a tendency to annoy Fire Agate with her clumsiness and habit of spacing out.
I failed to fight them off. I was held captive for five thousand years and lost everything. I will never forgive them!
|—Fire Agate talking about the Crystal Gems,, "Rose Thorns"|
- She has a slight Spanish accent.
- Fire Agate's prized possession is a flamenco guitar and her favorite food is funnel cake.
- Playing a guitar helped her become more gentle. 
- D'Artagnan and Samurai Jack are Fire Agate's favorite characters because she finds them relatable. 
- Fire Agate is quite a fan of Zorro.
- Her favorite movie is the Mask of Zorro. 
- For the holidays, the Obsidians gifted her an original Zorro movie poster that Fire Agate was very delighted to receive.
- Fire Agate is cleithrophobic, or having a great fear of being trapped.
- This is proven in "Replies: Alone With Your Thoughts". Fire Agate has a panic attack from the result of being paralyzed and trapped inside corrupted Blue Obsidian, shortly after learning about their corruption.
- Being trapped for thousands of years may have been the root of this phobia.
- She has no problems being hugged, but only by those she trusts. This is stated in "Friendly Hugs".
- This is especially true considering Fire Agate allows Blue Obsidian give her affectionate hugs and cuddles.
- One of Fire Agate's favorite past times is lava bathing.
- She likes lizards. The Komodo Dragon is her favorite animal. 
- Fire Agate hates water. 
- When she uses her pyrokinesis for too long, her bumps will glow. 
- Fire Agate is aromantic.
- Her alias name, Fiammetta, is Italian for "little fiery one".
- She was created on March 15th, 2015 for Gemsona Week and N.R. Wynter's first gemsona.
- According to N.R. Wynter, Fire Agate and Hackmanite are her favorite designs. 
- Her serial number is based on the date she was created.
- Her gem placement is referencing old vintage fencing uniforms who had red hearts on the chest area.
- Fire Agate has a Twitter account.
- Fire Agate is a layered variety of chalcedony, a branch of quartz.
- Its chemical composition is SIO2, has a MOHS scale hardness of 6.5 - 7, and has a trigonal crystal system.
- While technically not considered an agate, some mineralogy/gemology circles consider it as one.
- It's considered rare, only found in parts of southwestern United States and Northern Mexico.
- The iridescent effect is contributed by light diffraction. As light passes through its layers, it creates a prism effect which separates light into various spectral colors
- The layering is contributed from inclusions of goethite or limonite, silica, and iron oxide.
- They were formed from extreme volcanic activity during the Tertiary Period.
- Fire agate occurs in cavities or nodules in the Earth's surface. Hot water saturated with collodial silica and iron oxide seep into the cracks. As it cools, it grows layers of chalcedony and form botryoidal or grape-like formations.
- While fire agates are mostly brown in color, they can be red, orange, and lavender-blue.
- They were discovered as early as the mid 1900s.
- The name agate derived from its occurrence at the Achates River in southwestern Sicily.
- Metaphysically, fire agate is called the "Spiritual Flame of Absolute Perfection". It's said to have a calming energy that provides safety and security with good grounding energy. The stone is good with healing, restoration and creativity. It can also improve self-esteem and emotional balance.
- Fire Agate is also a stone of courage, passion, strength, protection, vitality, decisiveness, and action.
- It's a great stone for leaders.
|Fire Agate has a multi-colored gemstone on her chest (over her heart). It has a botryoidal pattern that come in four colors: green, yellow, orange and red. The gem's base color is a dark reddish-purple color with a dull red ring around it. It's a cabochon cut.|
- ↑ "Good friends are hard to come by so I pick mine carefully. Let’s just say I’ve met many who aren’t fond of Gems like me". - http://ask-wyntergems.tumblr.com/post/170812412984/what-do-you-look-for-in-a-friend
- ↑ https://nrwynter.tumblr.com/post/161244350181/random-oc-fact-when-dragons-breath-fire-opal
- ↑ https://nrwynter.tumblr.com/post/161231743866/my-gem-oc-nuummite-is-a-nervous-little-living
- ↑ https://nrwynter.tumblr.com/post/161247033756/green-aventurine-fought-in-the-gem-war-on-earth
- ↑ https://nrwynter-archive.tumblr.com/post/179137772232/explain-please
- ↑ https://nrwynter.tumblr.com/post/159883212636/who-does-fi-respect-the-most
- ↑ http://ask-wyntergems.tumblr.com/post/154654114969/what-is-fire-agates-favourite-objectthing-i
- ↑ https://nrwynter.tumblr.com/post/161260811146/fact-londonite-loves-kaiju-movies-like-godzilla
- ↑ https://nrwynter.tumblr.com/post/161258268506/fact-mystic-topazes-are-primarily-female-gems
- ↑ https://nrwynter.tumblr.com/post/159246861641/what-is-fis-favourite-movie
- ↑ https://nrwynter.tumblr.com/post/159882841801/does-fi-like-cuddles
- ↑ https://nrwynter.tumblr.com/post/159246521571/what-is-fis-favourite-animal
- ↑ "Has a great hatred for water" http://ask-wyntergems.tumblr.com/profiles
- ↑ "Using my powers long enough make these new bumps glow. It’s annoying, but I’ve gotten used to them." http://ask-wyntergems.tumblr.com/post/154705276954/do-you-have-any-abilities-like
- ↑ https://nrwynter.tumblr.com/post/162910150861/favorite-gem-you-have-designed-so-far-out-of-all
- ↑ https://nrwynter.tumblr.com/post/159885786701/why-a-fencing-sword-for-fi