This article is under construction and not completed yet!
The character featured in this article doesn't have a character design yet!
|This article is about the crystal gem gemsona who fought for the rebellion. You may be looking for another Lapis Lazuli.|
- Lapis Lazuli was created as a response to negativity surrounding gems with he/him pronouns.
- Lapis lazuli is a metamorphic rock.
- Its chemical composition is (Na,Ca)8Al6Si6O24(S,SO)4, has a MOHS scale hardness of 5.5, and has an isometric crystal system.
- Lapis lazuli contains mostly Lazurite (25-40%) in its chemical composition, the source of its blue color.
- They can also contain calcite, sodalite, pyrite, and other minor constituents.
- It forms in limestone or crystalline marble.
- Afghanistan and Pakistan are the world's biggest lapis lazuli traders.
- The stone was treated with water to reveal its colors.
- There is lore tied to lapis lazuli:
- People of the Middle Ages believed the cosmos was reflected on the gem’s surface
- Ancient Egyptians thought it was a stone of truth and sometimes used it for serving judgment.
- Emperors of China wore lapis lazuli as a symbol of power.
- The name Lapis Lazuli comes from Arabic and Latin origins. Lapis comes from the Latin word meaning “stone” and Lazuli comes from lazulum, derived from the Arabic word lāzaward meaning “blue”.
- Metaphysically, lapis lazuli is the stone of Truth and Enlightenment. It encouraged honesty and help one be courageous in the face of truth.
- Lapis lazuli was revered as a stone of royalty, gods and power, and wisdom.
- Additionally, it promotes learning, creativity, friendship, bringing harmony in relationships.and awareness to expand certain points of view.
- ↑ "I'm making a lapis : D"