This article is under construction and not completed yet!
The character featured in this article doesn't have a character design yet!
Pele's Hair is a gemsona created by N.R. Wynter. They are a marionette-like Gem who can possess other Gems by wrapping a special glass thread around their gemstones.
- Pele's hair is natural spun volcanic glass fibers.
- They form during volcano fire fountain activity, cascading lava falls, or turbulent flows. Molten blobs of lava flying through the air are stretched into thin threads.
- The color of Pele's hair is contributed to weathering effects.
- Pele's hair is very brittle and light. It breaks easily.
- At the same time, it's sharp and is capable of piercing skin or getting stuck in clothing.
- A single strand, with a diameter of less than 1/2 mm, may be as long as 2 m.
- It's associated with Pele's tear pyroclast.
- Pele's hair is primarily known to be found in Hawaii, but it occurs in other places: icaragua (Masaya), Italy (Etna), Ethiopia (Erta’ Ale), and Iceland.
- The name Pele's hair originates from the Hawaiian goddess of fire, wind, lightning, and volcanoes.
- In Iceland, Pele's hair is called "Nornahár” meaning Witch's Hair.
- Metaphysically, Pele's hair is helpful in contacting the dead or recalling past lives.