This article is under construction and not completed yet!
The character featured in this article doesn't have a character design yet!
- Pyrochlore is a complex oxide mineral.
- Its chemical composition is (Na,Ca)2Nb2O6(OH,F), has a MOHS scale hardness of 5 - 5.5, and has an isometric crystal system.
- It is found in alkaline rocks, their associated pegmatites, metamorphic contact zones, and greisen.
- It comes in red, brown, orange, yellow, greenish brown, reddish brown, and yellowish brown.
- It was discovered in the 1820s.
- Pyrochlore is radioactive.
- Its name comes from a combination of Greek pyr meaning "fire" and chloros "green". This is an allusion to the fact pyrochlore turns green on ignition.