This article is under construction and not completed yet!
The character featured in this article doesn't have a character design yet!
|This article is about N.R. Wynter's gemsona. You may be looking for canon Rose Quartz.|
Rose Quartz, or Rosa, is a gemsona created by N.R. Wynter. Like the others, Rosa was created by Pink Diamond for the new gem colony on Earth. But after Pink Diamond's assassination was committed by a rose quartz, the diamonds had ordered the extermination this quartz species. Wanting to preserve her freedom, Rosa travels all around the universe to avoid Homeworld's grasps.
Rosa has standard Gem abilities.
- Phytokinesis: Rosa has the ability to grow and control flora.
- Healing Petals: Rosa is able to heal others, but it comes from her flowers. She'll grow large rose plants and use its petals to make a healing potion. Because the process takes so long, Rose Quartz usually carries samples inside her gem.
- Her nickname "Rosa" comes from the Italian synonym of rose quartz: "quarzo rosa".
- Rose quartz is a pink variety of quartz.
- Its chemical composition is SIO2, has a MOHS scale hardness of 6.5 - 7, and a hexagonal crystal system.
- From a mineralogical standpoint, there are actually two types of rose quartz.
- The first type occurs in translucent masses that take on different hues of pink, sometimes achieving bluish or reddish colors. They're colored by fibrous inclusions of a pink dumortierite. This type is stable in high temperatures (up to 575°C/1067 °F) and generally in UV light.
- The other type occurs in well formed crystals that are colored by different inclusions (some believe it’s titanium, iron or manganese, but it’s not well understood). These crystals are also light and heat sensitive.
- They usually occurs in hydrothermal veins and pegmatite.
- Major rose quartz mines are found in Brazil.
- The name quartz comes from the German word quarz, derived from the Slavic word twardy meaning "hard".
- There’s some lore tied to rose quartz.
- The Egyptians believed it would prevent aging while the Romans believed it signified ownership (which is why they used the quartz as a seal).
- In Medieval Times, it was used for healing potions.
- Metaphysically, rose quartz the stone of love. It’s said to balance emotions, help bring peace and calm in relationships, restoring harmony from conflict, and bring feelings of love and healing.
- It removes negative emotions like jealousy, anger, and fear while reducing psychological trauma and heartache.
- Putting a rose quartz under one’s pillow is said to bring peaceful sleep, appreciation to the arts, creative inspirations.