This article is under construction and not completed yet!
The character featured in this article doesn't have a character design yet!
|This article is about the fusion of Bronzite and Fire Agate. You may be looking for another Sardonyx.|
Sardonyx has standard Gem abilities.
- When fused with Lavender Chalcedony, they form Pietersite.
- When fused with Dendritic Agate, they form Copper Agate.
- When fused with Pallasite, they form Tiger Iron (Fusion).
- When fused with Lavender Chalcedony and Dendritic Agate, they form Agua Nueva Agate.
- When fused with Pallasite and Dendritic Agate, they form Brecciated Jasper.
- When fused with Pallasite and Lavender Chalcedony, they form Campbellite.
- When fused with Pallasite, Dendritic Agate, and Lavender Chalcedony, they form Yowah Opal.
- Sardonyx is a variety of agate, specifically onyx, a type of quartz.
- Its chemical composition is SIO2, has a MOHS scale hardness of 6.5 - 7, and has a trigonal crystal system.
- It is composed of white chalcedony and sard.
- Sardonyx has parallel banding, similarly to onyx, as opposed to curved like most agates. This is caused by quartz fiber layers depositing over each other.
- Sardonyxes come in red, brown, reddish brown, white, grey, and black colors.
- India is said to be the best supplier for sardonyxes.
- Sardonyx is an alternative birthstone for August, sharing the month with peridot.
- Sardonyx has some lore attached to it.
- Ancient Romans carved tailsmans out of sardonyx, depicting Hercules or Mars, the god of war). They believed it made them brave and daring.
- During the Renaissance, people believe their sardonyx talismans helped orators and public speakers.
- Sardonyx's name is an amalgamation of sard and onyx.
- Sard could have come from Sardis, the city in Lydia or the Persian word “sered”, meaning “yellowish-red” or “reddish-brown”.
- Onyx’s name on the other hand Greek word onux meaning “claw” or “fingernail”.
- Metaphysically, sardonyx is a stone of optimism, happiness and confidence. It helps attract fortune and friends as well as bring stability in marriages and relationships. Sardonyx also stimulates vitality, mental focus, stamina, and integrity.
- As an agate variety, sardonyx also provides protection and strength.